Table of Contents
Difference Between Node.js and React.js
Also, users can have high-grade experience from the speed of apps, along with increasing the scalability of companies.
When we talk about these frameworks, Node JS is not as popular as React JS. However, it consists of various noteworthy benefits when it comes to improving web applications.
Let us take a look at both of these frameworks so that you can decide for yourself which one to choose for your next project.
What is Node.js?
It streamlines and simplifies the development of complex web apps. Also, it empowers you to quickly build adaptable system applications with the help of its occasion-driven model.
With the help of Node JS, you can create various kinds of applications such as a real-time chat app, command-line interface, REST API, web applications, and more.
The primary purpose of building applications with Node JS is to execute them on the server-side. There are various reasons and features that will make you drag yourself towards this framework.
Let us dig in to know all of them.
Reasons to Use Node.js for your Project
Node Package Manager (NPM)
Node Package Manager is also known as NPM shortly. It plays a vital role in web development, which no developer can avoid. When you install Node JS, it comes as a default program.
NPM introduces concepts similar to that of Ruby Gems.
MongoDB, Mongo JS, Connect, BlueBird, Lodlash, Socket JS, Socket.io, and moment are some of the most popular NPM modules.
Additionally, it has the capability of thousands of packaged modules, which makes it extensively gigantic.
One of the beneficial features of Node JS is that you can use it as a Server-side proxy. As a result, it manages several connections at the same time in a non-blocking manner.
You can primarily use it when you want to collect data from multiple source points or even when you need to proxy various services with different response times.
Moreover, it enables you to build client-side applications for assets and knocking API requests with the help of the Node JS development server.
HTTP requests and responses are the original data streams. However, in reality, they are considered as isolated events.
Node JS uses these data streams to create eye-catching features. Moreover, it also helps in proxying among several data sources, along with real-time audio and video encoding.
Pros of Node.js
- It allows you to upscale applications vertically and horizontally.
- It supports caching individual modules.
- Node JS is highly expandable.
- It also supports web development in real-time.
- Node JS offers high performance with Google Chrome’s V8 runtime, written in C++.
- It is lightweight because of its event-driven architecture.
- Node JS offers the benefit of reusing code, which allows us to use the same code on the server-side and client-side as well.
What is React JS?
Facebook developed React JS. It acts more like a library than a framework. It empowers you to compile pages that render effortlessly.
Reasons to use React JS for your Project
React JS has Shadow DOM and Polymer. They have created a lot of hype. Developers use them to build customizable components and self-contained elements. You can import these elements into your React JS project efficiently.
Surprisingly, React JS builds its own virtual DOM, wherein you store all your already created components. It manages all changes made in the DOM and updates the DOM tree accordingly.
Moreover, it eliminates the time-consuming DOM processes and makes updates regularly. The functionality, we mentioned here, increases the efficiency of web and mobile applications effectively.
Moreover, you can smoothly run React JS on the server-side. As a result, it will easily render virtual DOM, which returns to the browser as a regular web page.
Pros of React.js
- React’s Virtual DOM is quicker because it refreshes only a portion of a web page instead of doing it completely.
- It offers simple ways to build UI test cases.
- With React JS, you can conveniently reuse several code components.
- It can represent a component in a huge amount more quickly and effectively.
- React has a special chrome extension, which makes it easy to debug the code.
- You need to do manual processing when you change the data.
- React is view-oriented.
- It enhances the SEO of a website by rendering code from the server to browsers.
- With React JS, the debugging speed is high, which makes the job of developers easier.
- You can use React to develop Android as well as iOS applications.
- React utilizes reusable components, which makes it easy to render hybrid applications in the native environment.
- You can effectively reuse the components of the existing React Native app’s UI.
- React JS is one of the most rapidly growing front-end frameworks.
- It offers support to server-side and client-side as well.
- React JS is fast and cost-effective because of its plethora of reusable components. It makes it easy for developers to maintain the app easily and effectively.
- It is extremely stable. When you use React JS to build your business software, it must remain in trend and stable for at least a few years.
- React JS offers advanced performance when it comes to managing graphics on a wide range of devices. It flawlessly loads any website on any device like a smartphone, desktop, or tablet.
The Ultimate Comparison- Node JS vs React JS
Both of these technologies are used to develop different sections of an application, and they have their own benefits. React is a full-sized framework to build stunning UIs.
Let us take a look at the final and precise comparison of both these technologies. In fact, this will also help you to understand the Angular vs Node vs React difference in detail.
Node JS is mainly used for developing back-end applications
React JS is primarily used to develop amazing User Interfaces
Node JS has the latest version upgraded- 12.9.0 on August 20, 2019
React JS has the latest version upgraded- 16.8.6 on May 6, 2019
Node JS has 72.7K stars on Github
React JS has 155K stars on Github
Node JS is event-driven
React JS uses Controller View Pattern
Node JS uses a run-time environment
React JS Open-Source JS library
- Node JS can manage real-time data streaming efficiently
- React JS is the best choice for a project with a number of components
- Node JS is best suited for an API service
- React JS is utilized to create websites with complex structures
- Node JS is mainly used for web development
- React JS supports Android as well as iOS
How are they Different?
- Node JS is used for back-end development
- React JS is used for front-end development
Examples of Brands using these technologies
- Node JS- Walmart, LinkedIn, Uber
- React JS- Netflix, Instagram, Facebook
From the entire post of comparing Node JS and React JS, you now know that both are different from each other. Therefore, you can easily choose one of them for your project.
On the contrary, you can also utilize both of these technologies to build a robust application.
For example, if you need to develop a Blog, which requires to consist of a few pages like blog posts, blog post details, contact us page, and other pages, then, in this case, you can utilize Node JS in its backend and React JS in its frontend.
Harikrishna Kundariya, a marketer, developer, IoT, ChatBot & Blockchain savvy, designer, co-founder, Director of eSparkBiz Technologies, A Mobile App Development Company. His 8+ experience enables him to provide digital solutions to new start-ups based on IoT and ChatBot.