Truck Accident Attorney
Injured in a truck accident? Let a truck accident attorney show you how to protect your right to compensation during a free consultation and case evaluation.
Whether you travel on an interstate highway or on local streets, commercial trucks of all shapes and sizes are a constant presence. According to the most recent data available from the North Carolina Department of Transportation, trucks account for more than 15,000 of the total motor vehicle crashes that occur each year in the state and cause 152 deaths and leave 3,820 people with injuries. If you are hurt in a collision, get emergency medical treatment, and then call a truck accident attorney Wilmington to go after the party that caused it.
Truck owners have insurance companies with teams of claims adjusters and defense lawyers to prevent you from receiving the fair and just compensation you deserve. The personal injury attorneys at The Clauson Law Firm, PLLC, use their years of truck accident Wilmington NC experience to give you peace of mind knowing you have a strong advocate on your side to take on the insurance companies and aggressively fight to protect and enforce your rights.
Truck accidents call for skilled legal representation
Figuring out the cause of a truck accident and identifying the party or parties at fault needs to begin right away with a thorough investigation and analysis of the evidence. Eyewitness accounts, photographs of the accident scene and the vehicles, police reports and other evidence critical to your case need to be gathered before memories fade and skid marks or other physical evidence disappears.
Proving the cause of a truck accident Wilmington frequently reveals the existence of a claim against a party other than the driver of the truck. For example, some truck accidents involve an owner-operator, which means the driver owns the vehicle. However, the driver of a truck may be employed by a trucking company that owns the truck.
Depending upon the circumstances of the crash, any of the following parties connected to the truck may be at fault:
- Truck Driver: Any number of activities engaged in by a driver may cause an accident, including: Speeding or failing to obey other traffic laws, driving while tired or fatigued, driving while distracted, or driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Trucking company: An accident caused by a mechanical failure may be caused by the company that owns the truck failing to maintain it and make necessary repairs to ensure its safe operation.
- Truck leasing company: A common practice is for a driver or a trucking company to lease vehicles from leasing companies. Depending upon the leasing agreement regarding maintenance and operation of the vehicle, a claim may be made against the leasing company as the owner of the vehicle.
- Truck repair and maintenance company: Evidence may show that improper repairs caused a driver to be unable to stop or control a truck. The business that performed repairs or service on the vehicle may be responsible for damages to someone injured in a crash.
- Shipping company: Cargo loaded on or in a truck must be loaded correctly and properly secured to prevent it from shifting or falling off the vehicle. Shifting loads may make it difficult for a driver to control a truck, and cargo falling off a truck may hit other vehicles. The party responsible for loading a truck may be held responsible for payment of compensation to victims of crashes caused by the cargo.
Drivers of other vehicles involved in the accident may also be at fault in causing it and can be held responsible for the injuries suffered by the victims.
Recovering damages with the help of a truck accident law firm Wilmington
The weight of a fully loaded truck may cause devastating and life-altering injuries to the occupants of other vehicles, including the following:
- Head injuries and brain trauma, including traumatic brain injury and concussions.
- Fractured limbs.
- Muscle, tendon and ligament damage.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Neck and back injuries.
- Burns and lacerations.
Recovering from the severe injuries suffered in a collision involving a truck can be a slow and painful process requiring extensive medical care and rehabilitative services.
We focus on making it possible for you to return to a normal life after recovering from the injuries by making the at-fault parties pay damages, including:
- Compensation for the physical and emotion pain and suffering you endured.
- Costs associated with your medical care and treatment, including any future medical treatment, surgery or rehabilitation you may need.
- Reimbursement for wages lost while recovering from the injuries, including lingering disability that may affect future your future earning capacity.
- Compensation for permanent disfigurement and scarring.
When injuries from a truck accident cause the death of a loved one, we use the wrongful death law in North Carolina to go after the parties at fault for compensation on behalf of the family and estate of the victim.
Trusted attorneys with a proven record of success
A call to The Clauson Law Firm, PLLC, puts you in touch with resourceful truck accident lawyer Wilmington dedicated to your wellbeing after a crash involving a commercial truck. making the parties whose negligent and careless actions caused you to be injured in a crash involving a commercial truck. Do not let truck companies and their insurers take advantage of you. Let us protect and enforce your right to be compensated by calling us now at 833-680-0177 to schedule a free consultation and case evaluation, or you may contact us through our website.