SQL is a structured programming language used to store, access, and manage data within a database. You can complete all the operations I the form of queries and maintain the data security too. In this blog for SQL interview questions, we will discuss the frequently asked questions during an SQL interview to make the selection process little easier for you.
SQL Interview Questions
Further, we have divided the content into five categories and we will discuss each of them one by one as given below –
- SQL Queries Interview Questions
- SQL Developer Interview Questions
- SQL Dba Interview Questions
- SQL Server Interview Questions
- Pl SQL Interview Questions
SQL Queries Interview Questions
Here, in this section, we will tell you the most common SQL queries interview questions asked by interviewers. These are basic questions that are usually suitable for beginners only.
- What is the query to calculate the total number of entries in a database?
- How will you arrange the salary of employees in ascending order?
- How will you sort the employees having the salary of less than 5000?
- Name the employee whose salary is minimum and maximum within an organization?
- Write a query to sort the employees based on their project works.
- How will you merge two databases in SQL?
- How can you remove the duplicate entries from a database?
- Write a query to find the employees having similar names.
- How will you fetch only rows within a database?
- How will you merge two tables and remove the duplicate entries to make it a single unique table?
SQL Developer Interview Questions
Here, in this section, we will discuss the SQL interview Questions that are asked by entry-level developers. These are common questions and easy if you have a depth understanding of the concept.
- How will you define the meaning of DBMS (Database Management System) in the SQL?
- How DBMS and RDBMS are different from each other?
- What is the meaning of SQL? Give a few examples too.
- What is a database? Explain its significance for Companies?
- How will you define the tables and fields in the SQL?
- What is Foreign Key in SQL, explain with example?
- What is a SQL join and explain its different types too?
- What is SQL Union Operator and define its purpose in database programming?
- Can you define the term identity in SQL?
- What is Normalization? Explain the concept with a quick real-life example?
SQL DBA Interview Questions
In this section, we will discuss questions that are suitable for SQL DBA professionals and usually asked with database developers or database administrators.
- Who is DBA and its popular roles?
- What is an Oracle database and how it is different from RDBMS?
- What are the popular tasks assigned to Oracle DBA experts?
- What are the tools needed for database administration?
- What is an Oracle Index? Explain its popular types too?
- How will you differentiate a List, Cluster, and the Grid?
- How will you explain the architecture for Oracle Grid?
- List the possible benefits of ORDBMS.
- Name a few Oracle database objects.
- What are the Oracle DBA characteristics?
SQL Server Interview Questions
SQL server is a popular category that demands skills and knowledge to get hired in this domain. They are usually the experienced professionals worked on SQL earlier and now interested to switch in SQL server domain for a tremendous career growth.
- What do you mean by the term Trigger in the SQL?
- What is a SQL server and how it can be used for your next database project?
- How to roll back the advancements? If yes, discuss the process in brief?
- What do you mean by the terms Normalization, De-Normalization, Indexes, Views etc?
- Explain the different type of indexes and views in the SQL?
- How will you add the CPU to the SQL Server?
- How to upgrade from SQL server 2000 to the latest version?
- How will identify the different versions of SQL servers? Explain based on your previous experiences.
- How to perform data transfer operation from SQL server 2005 to 2008?
- Have you earned any certification in SQL Server domain?
PL SQL Interview Questions
Here, in this section, we will discuss top ten PL/SQL interview question to give a new boost to your IT career and stand you ahead from the crowd.
- What is PL/SQL and how is different from the SQL?
- What are the major characteristics of PL/SQL?
- What are the popular data types available in the PL/SQL?
- What is the purpose of the different data type in PL/SQL? Explain with example.
- How will you define the different PL/SQL packages?
- What is a cursor in PL/SQL programming language?
- What are the different types of cursors?
- Why do we need triggers in PL/SQL?
- What is the difference between a Trigger and the Constraint?
- Define the Pl/SQL block in detail.
With these top 50 SQL Interview Questions, you are ready to appear in the next interview and get hired by top Companies right away. For a quick selection, this is necessary to have a depth understanding of the concept first then go through all these questions one by one to evaluate your skills. Congratulation, you are done with the selection process and we wish you luck for the successful hiring during your next interview!