Table of Contents
Salesforce skills are one of the most wanted skills of today’s job market. Salesforce is the CRM that everyone is adopting. To implement this CRM in consonance with their needs, several companies are on a hunt to find the best Salesforce professional for their concern. Currently, there is a demand and supply gap in this field. It’s a hot field to make a career in. Here is a list of a few interview questions on Salesforce that may help with your Salesforce interview Questions if you are looking forward to taking up a job in this domain.
Salesforce Interview Questions
- What is Salesforce?
- What are the two types of Development Approaches with Salesforce?
- How to get started with Salesforce?
- What is Force.com?
- How to change the time zone of your account?
- Differentiate between Standard and Custom Components in Salesforce
- What is the object relationship?
- Name and explain the two kinds of object-relationships.
- What is a sandbox org?
- What are the various types of sandboxes available in Salesforce?
- Why do you think the Visualforce pages are required to be served from a different domain?
- What is a bucket field in reports?
- What are dynamic dashboards?
- What are the different types of reports available in Salesforce?
- Explain the term “Data Skew” in Salesforce.
- What is a Visualforce component?
- What is a Trigger in Salesforce?
- How many reports are you allowed to add to a Salesforce dashboard?
- What number of active assignment rules are you allowed to have in a lead or a case?
- What is the least amount of test coverage which is required for a trigger to deploy?
- What is the limit of callouts to external service that can be made in a single Apex transaction?
- How can you get the UserID of all the currently logged in users using Apex code?
Salesforce Interview Questions & Answers
To help you in a better manner we have divided the blog into the following sections-
- Salesforce fundamentals
- Declarative features
- Audit & reporting features
- Data modelling and data management
- Logic & process automation
- Software testing
- Debug & deployment tools
- Integration features
- Programmatic features
Salesforce Interview Questions and Answers
Q1). What is Salesforce?
Salesforce is a Cloud-based CRM tool; it lets you create apps for mobile and desktop which can be hosted on clouds.
Q2). What are the two types of Development Approaches with Salesforce?
|Declarative & Programmatic – Where Do You Use Them?|
|Applications Tabs Pages Layouts Record Type||Force.com Pages Web Controls Sites|
|Workflow, Validation Rules, Approval Processes||Force.com Controllers Force.com Code Web Services API REST API|
|Objects, Fields, Relationships||Web Services API, Metadata API, REST API, Bulk API|
Simplicity + Speed
Custom Functionality Integration
There are two development approaches to Salesforce Development-
- Declarative- an approach that does not require hard-core programming and is simple as well as swift
- Programmatic- Coding knowledge is really required and it facilitates Custom functionality and Integration.
Q3). How to get started with Salesforce?
Salesforce is an easy platform to spin up apps and facilitates CRM and bottom-line boost. There are many tools that are offered with Salesforce and in order to get access to them, you first need to have a developer’s account.
Follow the steps given here-
- Go to developer.salesfroce.com.
- It will take you to a page wherein you can create your own login.
- In order to do that, follow the onscreen instructions given there and you will have an account of your own in no time.
- You will have to verify your account via email and change your password too.
- You will then be greeted with a home screen like this-
- And you are all good to go
Q4). What is Force.com?
To host Salesforce a platform is needed and that is known as force.com. Force.com is a PaaS product. The concept of Force.com is used to host the applications.
Q5). How to change the time zone of your account?
Follow the steps given here to change the default time zone of your account
- Go to the setup option.
- Thereafter select ‘Company Profile’ option.
- Then you will see an option of ‘Default Time zone’.
- You can go to edit option and change it.
Q6). Differentiate between Standard and Custom Components in Salesforce
All the Apps, Objects and Fields that the Salesforce Platform provides you by default are called standard apps, objects, and fields. In Salesforce there are two types of components ‘Standard’ and ‘Custom’. Whatever you create or modify is called a custom component.
Q7). What is the object relationship?
Object relationship is a special field type which is created to connect any two objects together.
Salesforce Interview Questions and Answers for Admin
Q8). Name and explain the two kinds of object-relationships.
Salesforce provides for two types of relationships i-e
- Look-Up Relationships– A lookup relationship is essentially the one that links two objects together in such a way that you can actually “look up” one object from the list of related items on another object.
- Master-Detail Relationship– In this particular type of relationship, one object is the master object and the other is the detail object. The master object reins certain behaviors of the detail object, such as who can view the detail’s data etc.
Q9). What is a sandbox org?
A sandbox is a copy of the creation condition/org, utilized for testing and improvement purposes. It’s helpful in light of the fact that it permits advancement on Apex programming without aggravating the generation environment.
Q10). What are the various types of sandboxes available in Salesforce?
Different types of Sandboxes are:
- Developer Pro
- Partial Copy
Q11). Why do you think the Visualforce pages are required to be served from a different domain?
Visualforce pages are served from an alternate domain to enhance security norms and to block out cross-site scripting.
Q12). What is a bucket field in reports?
A bucket field is a feature that gives you a chance to gather related records together by ranges and segments, without the utilization of complex formulas and custom fields. Bucketing would thus be able to be utilized for the gathering, channel, or orchestrate report information. When you make a bucket field, you have to characterize various classifications (cans) that are utilized to assemble the report esteems.
Q13). What are dynamic dashboards?
Dynamic dashboards are utilized to show data which is custom fitted to a particular client. On the off chance that the Sales Head wants to share the view of a report created particularly with a specific team member, at that point he can utilize dynamic dashboards.
Q14). What are the different types of reports available in Salesforce?
The different types of reports that are available –
Q15). Explain the term “Data Skew” in Salesforce.
“Data skew” is a condition which you will experience when working for a major customer where there are more than 10,000 records. When one single client claims that numerous records we call that condition ‘ownership data skew’.
Salesforce Interview Questions and Answers forDeveloper
Q16). What is a Visualforce component?
A Visualforce Component is either a predefined part (standard from a segment library) or a custom segment that decides the UI conduct.
Q17). What is a Trigger in Salesforce?
A Trigger is only a code that is executed before or after a record is embedded or refreshed.
Q18). How many reports are you allowed to add to a Salesforce dashboard?
You are allowed to add up to 20 reports on a single dashboard.
Q19). What number of active assignment rules are you allowed to have in a lead or a case?
You can have only one active rule at a given time.
Q20). What is the least amount of test coverage which is required for a trigger to deploy?
In Salesforce, on the off chance that you need to send your code to creation, at that point you should ensure that something like 75% of your Apex code is secured by unit tests. And every one of these tests must have finished effectively.
Q21). What is the limit of callouts to external service that can be made in a single Apex transaction?
Representative points of confinement will limit a solitary Apex exchange to make a maximum of 100 callouts to an HTTP request or an API call.
Q22). How can you get the UserID of all the currently logged in users using Apex code?
You can get the ID’s of all the currently signed in clients by utilizing this function: UserInfo.getUserId().
Math2 years ago
Surface Area of a Triangular Prism Formula & Volume of a Triangular
Math2 months ago
Average Rate Of Change Formula Made Simple
Math2 months ago
Math Formulas Made Simple: A Step-by-Step Guide
Math2 years ago
Percentage Formulas | How to Calculate Percentages of a Number?
Math1 year ago
Triangular Pyramid Formula | Volume & Surface Area of a Triangular Pyramid
Math2 years ago
What is Integration? List of Integration by Parts Formulas
Math2 months ago
Algebra Formulas and Expression with Example
Math2 years ago
List of Pyramid Formula – Surface Area, Volume of Pyramid