C# is a widely demanded programming language used by the experts worldwide. This is a versatile programming language with cross-platform features. With a strong understanding of basics, you can always take your career in heights and grep the dream job in the software industry.
C# can be used for many operating systems and Windows too. In this blog for C# interview Questions, we have given top 50 questions that are necessary to learn to make you stand out from the crowd.
C# Interview Questions
As C# is a vast topic, we have divided the topic into five major categories to make the learning easier for you as given below –
- C# Interview Questions
- C# Coding Interview Questions
- C# Oops Interview Questions
- C# Programming Interview Questions
- C# Multithreading Interview Questions
Let us dive deep into the topic and discuss on each of the categories one by one throughout the article.
C# Interview Questions
Here is the list of top 10 C# Interview questions that are suitable for both beginners and experienced as well. These are the basic questions that are asked to check your knowledge and the basic programming skills.
- What is C# and different types of comments in C#?
- Can you execute multiple catch blocks together in C#?
- How will explain the difference between three – public, static, and the void?
- What are the constructors and destructors in C# programming language?
- Do you know about the term Jagged Arrays in C#?
- What is serialization and deserialization?
- What is the meaning of “this” keyword in the static method?
- How will you differentiate the ref and the out parameters?
- What are the interface classes?
- How will you define the sealed classes in C#?
C# Coding Interview Questions
In this section, we will focus on top 10 C# coding interview questions that are really helpful in accelerating the preparation and selection process.
- What is the scope of public, private, and protected members in C#?
- How can you encapsulate the objects or functions on C#?
- How will you define nullable types in C#?
- What is the objective of defining access specifiers in C#?
- How will you define pointers in C#, either by value or reference?
- How can you define a function that could accept an infinite number of arguments?
- What is Enumeration in C#? Explain with example.
- What is Inheritance? Do multiple inheritances is supported in C#?
- What do you mean by early binding either static or dynamic?
- What is function overloading or function overriding technique?
C# Oops Interview Questions
C# is an object-oriented programming language used by the developers worldwide to design secure business applications. Here we have given top 10 C# OOPS Interview questions that should be learned by all the developers looking for a job in the .net field.
- How will you define an object and a class in C#?
- What are the basic OOPs concepts followed by the C# programming language?
- Do you have any idea of manage and unmanaged code?
- How will you define the interface in C#?
- Name the different type of classes that are frequently used by C# programmers?
- What do you mean by the code compilation?
- How will you differentiate a Class and a Struct from each other?
- What do you mean by the abstract method and the virtual method?
- What is the meaning of namespace in C#?
- What is polymorphism and multithreading in C#?
C# Programming Interview Questions
You can improve the C# programming skills if you are sure on basics and their respective syntax too. For your reference, we have given top 10 C# programming interview questions in this section that are frequently asked by interviewers.
- When should you use continue and break statements in C#?
- What is an Array? Write the syntax for a multi-dimensional array in C#.
- How will you differentiate the finally and finalize block?
- How will you define the properties of an Array?
- What is a Strong keyword and how can you define its properties?
- What do you mean by the Escape Sequence and give a few examples too?
- How can you define the Regular Expressions and its usage?
- What is Parsing and how will you parse a data string in C#?
- Name a few string operations and how can you use them?
- What are the events? How can delegates and events be used together?
C# Multithreading Interview Questions
Here are the top 10 C# multithreading Interview questions that are asked by the interviewers most of the times. Don’t forget to prepare these questions when you are planning for a C# interview in the near future.
- What is multithreading in C#? Explain with example
- What is the different between a process and thread?
- Which Namespace is used to achieve the multithreading in C#?
- What is a dead block condition in C# and how can you prevent it?
- How will you differentiate the multitasking and multithreading in C#?
- What is the thread pool and explain its benefits too?
- How will you stop a thread running from a long time?
- What is the meaning of mutex in C#?
- How will define and detect the state of a thread?
- What do you mean by ‘suspend’ and ‘resume’ in threading?
All the best for your next C# Interview! Don’t forget to share your experience with us and how these questions helped you during the interview.