From the last seven years, AWS is dominating the cloud market in the IT web space. According to a recent report, published by the Forbes, AWS architects and developers are getting highest salaries as compared to other IT professionals. So, this is clear that AWS architect position is one of the most sought-after skills among a plenty of IT jobs.
We at JanBask Training are strongly committed to upgrading your career with the right training and certifications that are perfectly synchronized with industry requirements. This is the reason why we have compiled a list of frequently asked AWS architect Interview questions and answers that can be probably discussed during your next interview. If you have any query other than the discussed questions then don’t forget to share and our expert team will respond to your queries shortly.
In most of the Companies, an AWS architect is responsible to write or define the AWS architecture for existing systems and offering migration services for cloud architectures too. Here, in the blog for AWS interview questions; we will first discuss the basic questions then moving little technical ahead that may be asked by experienced candidates.
AWS Interview Questions
- Name any two popular cloud offerings ranked on the top in the IT marketplace.
- What is a hybrid cloud? Explain with example.
- How will you define the Amazon EC2 security group?
- When should you use the reserved, dedicated, on-demand, and spot instances?
- How can you stop, start, or terminate an instance in AWS?
- What are the charges associated with an Elastic IP Address (EIP)?
- Is there any time constraint in the case of spot instances, on-demand instances, or reserved instances?
- What are the possible features available for processor state control?
- Are reserved instances available for all types of deployments?
- What are the network performance parameters expected in the clustered programming group?
- To deploy a Hadoop cluster with 4 nodes in AWS, which instance is taken as the most suitable option?
- Where AMI (Amazon Machine Images) fits when architecting or designing one solution?
- How will you choose the availability zone in the AWS marketplace?
- Is one elastic IP address being enough for each instance running on the server?
- Can S3 and EC2 instance be used together?
AWS Interview Questions and Answers
Q1). Name any two popular cloud offerings ranked on the top in the IT marketplace.
These are AWS and Azure cloud services that are frequently used by Companies. Azure has more experimentation features as compared to AWS and considered better than AWS. Both had great market hold with a wide range of features and benefits.
Q2). What is a hybrid cloud? Explain with example.
Take an example where you have hosted a few of services on private server and rest are hosted on the cloud, then it is named as the Hybrid cloud. You can take maximum benefits of the hybrid cloud when the private or public cloud is virtually available on the same network or you can take help from the VPN (Virtual Private Network).
Q3). How will you define the Amazon EC2 security group?
A Security group is very much similar to the firewall that helps in controlling traffic at any particular instance. For this purpose, you could use security commands as well to handle the inbound or outbound traffic. First of all, create a security group and define a list of specific rules for the same. For example, you wanted to access an instance in the security group then you need to define one IP address for the same.
Q4). When should you use the reserved, dedicated, on-demand, and spot instances?
When work is not in the progressive or continuous state, you should use either reserved or on-demand instances. When work is regular and progressing continuously, you can use dedicated instances there. However, on-demand instances do not make sense to launch up whenever work comes because it is highly expensive. In this situation, you can use spot instances that are n budget and there is no need for long time commitments.
Q5). How can you stop, start, or terminate an instance in AWS?
The three popular states of an instance are start, stop, and terminate. Let us discuss each of the states in detail below-
- Start and Stop an instance – As soon as some instance is stopped, it will perform a normal shutdown and transitioned to the stopped state. This is possible to start the AWS instance again at the later time. You don’t have to pay for the resources when instances are in the stopped state.
- Terminating an Instance – As soon as some instance is terminated, it will perform a normal shutdown and instance will be deleted from the server forever. Don’t forget to set the attribute “DeleteOnTermination” so that instance could be deleted automatically otherwise set the attribute False if you wanted to use it later.
Q6). What are the charges associated with an Elastic IP Address (EIP)?
If there is only one EIP associated with the running state then it would be available free of the cost. If there is more than one EIPs associated with the running state, or it is available in the stopped state, or it is not attached to any instance then you need to pay specific charges for the same.
Q7). Is there any time constraint in the case of spot instances, on-demand instances, or reserved instances?
There is no time constraint in the case of spot instances and on-demand instances from the user side. If you are using the reserved instances, you are bind to specific time limits as chosen by you.
Q8). Are reserved instances available for all types of deployments?
This is popular pricing model available for all types of instances in Amazon EC2 web service.
Q9). What are the possible features available for processor state control?
The processor state control has two possible features – The C state and the P state. These both states are helping to boost up the performance of a device and also the temperature kept in the normal value so that processor could perform at its level best.
Q10). What are the network performance parameters expected in the clustered programming group?
- It is 10GBPS for the single flow.
- It is 20GBPS for the duplex mode.
- It will be fixed 5GBPS for the groups outside clustered programming.
Q11). To deploy a Hadoop cluster with 4 nodes in AWS, which instance is taken as the most suitable option?
Hadoop cluster is based on the master-slave architecture in AWS. The master machine will process the data and the slave machine will store the data. The slave machine should be of higher capacity to store voluminous data. The selection of the instances generally depends on the workload in case, you are processing data manually then the S3 instance can be used.
Q12). Where AMI (Amazon Machine Images) fits when architecting or designing one solution?
AMIs are templates, instances, or virtual machines derived from the AWS. AMIs are not free and you need to pay a certain amount to buy them from the AWS marketplace. This is possible to design your customized AMI to save the space on AWS. It is highly cost-efficient because you can remove the unwanted things when not necessary.
Q13). How will you choose the availability zone in the AWS marketplace?
To decide on the available zone, you should focus on the performance and latency parameters. Latency is the total time taken by a server to respond to your queries.
Q14). Is one elastic IP address being enough for each instance running on the server?
Well, it depends on the situation. There is not a single answer to this question.
Q15). Can S3 and EC2 instance be used together?
Yes, they can be used together for the local instances together. Most of the times, there are more benefits when both techniques are utilized at a single place.